Set up custom filters using metafields
- Head to Admin > Settings > Metafields > Products > Add definition > Add a Name of your choice for your reference > Select content type – Text > Click Save. This creates our metafield.
- Head to Admin > Online store > Navigation > Under Filters, Click Add filters > Under METAFIELDS, you should see your newly created metafield from step one. Select this and save.
- Head to Admin > Products > Find your product which is to have it’s metafield activated > At the bottom of the product settings, you’ll see the new metafield listed. Add your text to this field. Click Save.
- Repeat for any additional products.
- To check all is working as expected, take a look at your storefront and your newly added metafields should show in your collection page filter.